- Email Signup
- Contact Us
- Progressive Party Positions Table
- Iraq & Syria
- Progressive Party 2014 Voter Pamphlet Statement
- Cease negotiations of TPP
- Ferguson & Inequality
- Police Body Cameras
- 28th Amendment to U.S. Constitution
- Health Care
- Environment (draft)
- Financial (draft)
- Foreign Relations (draft)
- Labor (draft)
- Market (draft)
- Political Reform (draft)
- Social Issues (draft)
- End Political Repression
- Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Pembina Propane Export Terminal
- Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Progressive Platform
- Register to Vote
- Press Coverage
- About OPP
- Flyers, Buttons, Posters, Videos
Submitted by info on Thu, 10/13/2011 - 18:12
We are VERY different from the Establishment parties.
Our 2012 Voters Pamphlet Statement
|Real campaign finance reform||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose extension of income tax cuts for the rich||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose Wall Street bailouts||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose Cuts in Social Security Benefits||NO||NO||YES|
|Employment for All (WPA style)||NO||NO||YES|
|Increase minimum wage to living wage ($10 or more)||NO||NO||YES|
|Single Payer comprehensive health care||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose Cuts in Medicare Coverage||NO||NO||YES|
|End wars in Iraq and Afghanistan||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose use of mercenaries ("contractors")||NO||NO||YES|
|Cut military spending||NO||NO||YES|
|Equal rights for all; same-sex marriage||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose NAFTA & WTO; encourage local sourcing of products & services||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose spying on American civilians||NO||NO||YES|
|End occupation of Palestine||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose shipping coal for export through Columbia Gorge||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose offshore drilling||NO||NO||YES|
|Clean energy; no nuclear||NO||NO||YES|
|Repair, improve infrastructure (transportation, water systems, etc.)||NO||NO||YES|
|End the drug war||NO||NO||YES|
|End the Senate filibuster; restore majority rule||NO||NO||YES|
|End “corporate personhood”||NO||NO||YES|
1) We have worked for real campaign finance reform, not the phony bills promoted by the Democrats and Republicans, both of which opposed the 2006 Oregon campaign finance reform ballot measures.
2) We want a State Bank to invest in jobs for Oregonians and to stop the State Treasurer and the Oregon Investment Council from jumping into bed with corporate raiders and fast-buck artists who lavish luxury travel and gifts on State employees.
3) We want fair taxation. Oregon has the 4th highest income taxes of any state on lower-income working families and is still at the bottom in taxes on corporations.
4) We want to stop government promotion of gambling (including video poker and video slots) and stop giving away $100 million per year in ridiculously high commissions to shops with video machines.
5) We want to make the initiative and referendum again available to grass-roots efforts, instead of making it so complicated and expensive that only corporations and unions can afford to use it.
6) We want to improve K-12 public education by giving parents and teachers more rights to manage their neighborhood schools.
7) We want social justice systems that are inclusive and that promote responsibility, safety, trust-building and equality.
8) We advocate abolishing the Oregon Senate, leaving the 60-member Oregon House of Representatives. Splitting the Legislature into two bodies allows both of them to play games and avoid responsibility.
9) We want the Oregon Legislature to adopt the National Popular Vote plan so that Presidents are elected by popular vote.