Contribute to Oregon Progressive Party

Oregon Progressive Party depends on contributions to fund our activities. Remember that, if you pay virtually anything in Oregon income taxes, you may give up to $50 and get it all back (every dollar) as a state income tax credit. A couple filing a joint return can give $100 and get it all back. See more information below.

Contribute by Check

You can send a check to:

Oregon Progressive Party
411 S.W. Second Avenue, Ste 200
Portland, OR  97204

Please make sure that your check includes your address.  If you are contributing more than $100 in a calendar year, write your occupation, employer, and employer's city and state (see Required Information below) on the comment line on your check (usually in the lower left corner).  If you wish to be contacted in the future by email, also write your email address on the check.

Contribute by Credit Card, Debit Card, or PayPal

Required Information:: Oregon law requires that we obtain your name. Anonymous contributions must be donated to charity. If you contribute more than $100 in a calendar year to us, we must also obtain your (1) address and (2) occupation. The law defines "occupation" as:

  1. The nature of an individual's principal business; and
  2. If the individual is employed by another person, the business name and address, by city and state, of the employer.

According to the Secretary of State, you are "not employed" if you are a student, retired, a volunteer, or a "homemaker." These folks should write "not employed" on the line for occupational information. Here is more information on what are considered acceptable "occupations."  If you are self-employed, then your employer is "self."

Oregon Political Tax Credit: If you are an individual with taxable income of $1,000 or more, you may give up to $50 to political campaigns and get it all back (every dollar) as a state income tax credit. A couple filing a joint return can give $100 and get it all back, if your taxable income is at least $2,000. Those with lower incomes can get back amounts contributed, up to their total state income tax withheld or otherwise paid. Here is official government information about the: Oregon Political Tax Credit.It has not been updated since 2007 but is still accurate.

Syndicate content