- Email Signup
- Contact Us
- Progressive Party Positions Table
- Iraq & Syria
- Progressive Party 2014 Voter Pamphlet Statement
- Cease negotiations of TPP
- Ferguson & Inequality
- Police Body Cameras
- 28th Amendment to U.S. Constitution
- Health Care
- Environment (draft)
- Financial (draft)
- Foreign Relations (draft)
- Labor (draft)
- Market (draft)
- Political Reform (draft)
- Social Issues (draft)
- End Political Repression
- Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Pembina Propane Export Terminal
- Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Progressive Platform
- Register to Vote
- Press Coverage
- About OPP
- Flyers, Buttons, Posters, Videos
Submitted by info on Wed, 12/09/2015 - 02:39
We are very different from the establishment parties
|Real campaign finance reform, particularly in Oregon||NO||NO||YES|
|"Medicare for All" comprehensive health care||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose cuts in Social Security & Medicare benefits||NO||NO||YES|
|Increase minimum wage to $15 or more NOW in all of Oregon||NO||NO||YES|
|Employment for All (public works projects, WPA style)||NO||NO||YES|
|Increase income taxes on big corporations and the wealthy||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose Wall Street bailouts||NO||NO||YES|
|Repair, improve infrastructure (transportation, water systems, etc.)||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose NAFTA, WTO, Trans-Pacific Partnership "free trade" deals; support local products & services||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose war in Iraq, Afghanistan; bring troops home now and stop sending in more||NO||NO||YES|
|Slash military spending and foreign bases||NO||NO||YES|
|End occupation of Palestine||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose spying on Americans, including drones||NO||NO||YES|
|Equal rights for all; same-sex marriage||NUVR||NO||YES|
|Clean energy; no nuclear subsidies||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose shipping coal or oil for export from Pacific Northwest ports||NO||NO||YES|
|Oppose offshore oil & gas drilling||NO||NO||YES|
|Legalize marijuana possession and use||???||NO||YES|
|End “corporate personhood” and constitutional rights for corporations||NO||NO||YES|
|Require labeling of genetically engineered food (GMO)||NO||NO||YES|
|End the U.S. Senate filibuster; restore majority rule||NO||NO||YES|
NUVR = not until very recently
1. We have worked for real campaign finance reform. Oregon Democrats and Republicans have never enacted limits on political campaign contributions but have repealed voter-enacted limits 3 times. Democrats in state office are refusing to enforce the campaign finance reform Measure 47 enacted by Oregon voters in 2006. Campaign spending for Oregon state offices has skyrocketed from $4 million in 1996 to $57 million in 2010. Spending by candidates for Oregon Legislature increased another 13% in 2012. Winning a contested race for the Legislature now typically costs over $600,000, sometimes over $1 million.
2. The initiative and referendum should be available to grass-roots efforts. The Democrat Secretary of State is now discarding over 30% of all voter signatures on initiative petitions due to arbitrary, hyper-technical, and unnecessary rules, raising the cost of petition drives so high that only corporations, unions and the very wealthy can afford to use it.
3. The State Treasurer should direct part of Oregon's $87 billion of investment funds to invest in local public works and jobs for Oregonians instead of vulture capitalists, corporate raiders, leveraged buyout artists, and fossil fuel corporations and vendors.
4. We want fair taxation. Oregon has the 4th highest income taxes of any state on lower-income working families and is still at the bottom in taxes on corporations.
5. We want to stop government promotion of gambling, including video poker, video slots, and approval of private casinos.
6. We oppose installation of police "spy cameras" and use of drones to spy on Oregon citizens.
7. We oppose using public money to subsidize rail transport of oil or coal through Oregon communities.