- Email Signup
- Contact Us
- Progressive Party Positions Table
- Iraq & Syria
- Progressive Party 2014 Voter Pamphlet Statement
- Cease negotiations of TPP
- Ferguson & Inequality
- Police Body Cameras
- 28th Amendment to U.S. Constitution
- Health Care
- Environment (draft)
- Financial (draft)
- Foreign Relations (draft)
- Labor (draft)
- Market (draft)
- Political Reform (draft)
- Social Issues (draft)
- End Political Repression
- Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Pembina Propane Export Terminal
- Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Progressive Platform
- Register to Vote
- Press Coverage
- About OPP
- Flyers, Buttons, Posters, Videos
OPP Nomination Process for CD 1 Congressional Special Election
Submitted by info on Thu, 10/13/2011 - 07:28
The Oregon Progressive Party has adopted this process for nominating a candidate to run in the January 31, 2012, special election to fill the currently vacant seat of U.S. Representative for the 1st Congressional district of Oregon.
Steps for Candidates
2. Make a statement at public meeting of the Oregon Progressive Party:
People's Food Co-op Community Room (upstairs)
3029 SE 21st Ave
November 8, 2011
3. Commit to following campaign protocol, supporting the OPP platform, and running a good campaign
4. Comply with all laws regarding campaigning and reporting of contributions and expenditures, including all federal laws and rules.
Steps for the Party
1. Any OPP member (as of October 1, 2011) who has attended at least one prior Party meeting may participate at the November 8 meeting and vote on the candidates.
2. The OPP State Nominating Panel will officially select the nominee, based upon the recommendation of the members.
3. The Party will issue a Certificate of Nomination for the candidate to file with the Secretary of State or or before December 1, 2011.